Short Checklist for Group Riding:
- Arrive early
- Arrive with a full tank of gas
- Be certain your bike is in safe, reliable operating condition
- Know your mileage/fatigue limit
- Communicate your intentions
- We ride with ATGATT. No excuses, no exceptions.
- Be prepared for any weather
- Be prepared for an emergency
- Ride Your Own Ride- AKA- DO NOT RIDE ABOVE YOUR OWN ABILITY.
- Know Who You Are Riding With
- Make sure they ride THEIR own ride
- Communicate routes
- Allow as much space for yourself and others as you would riding alone
- Don’t follow any rider closer than the distance that rider is following the vehicle in front of them
- Allow other riders to pass you
- Pass only on the left
- Pass only when you are certain you have enough room
- Respect the space of others
There is safety in numbers and group rides are amazing if we can all obey the rules of the road.
Remember, you are responsible for the safe operation of your bike. No one else can accept that responsibility.
These rules are not intended to be all-encompassing and do not cover all aspects of group riding. These rules are intended to be suggestive in nature and have been found to work extremely well. There is always room for common sense to fit any particular situation.